Wednesday, March 9, 2011

so excited !

last night jeff and i went on a date .. 
to the mayo hotel 
strange place to go on a date isn't it ..

unless ..

you call a book signing a date ..
and for the record i do consider a book signing a date ..
a hot date ...

we waited in line for a little over 4 hours ..
jeff waited at the bar just a bit to ..

and then finally it was my turn ..

i was all of a sudden speechless .. i didn't know what to say to her .. uh .. i couldn't even remember my name .. thank goodness it was on a yellow stickie inside my book .. hello there pioneer woman .. i read your blog every day .. your love story/saga makes me swoon .. i am so thankful that my friend emily told me about you .. 
 no .. 
didn't say any of the things that i had been practicing in my head over the last 4 hours .. just told her thank you for signing my book and that my daughter ellie and i enjoy her recipes .. 

big ole nerd .. that is so what she was thinking .. 

gosh .. i so want a do-over !!


1 comment:

nene P said...

how exciting... i downloaded the book a while back onto my ebook! oops couldnt have her sign a kindle. Glad you had a great time...