Saturday, February 12, 2011

hello there fellas .. i have missed you ..

due to the blizzard and other factors that i have no control over i have not been able to be with "my boys" .. bon jovi and jack johnson have missed me .. i know it ..
so the other night i was finally able to run ..


it had been 9 days since i last ran .. i was up to a 8 and half minute mile .. comfortably i might add .. i had found a great pace and could easily churn out my miles ..

i was realistic with myself when i stepped back into my running shoes .. saying .. yes it has been 9 days since i last ran .. yes i know that is is 11 degrees in the garage .. i am pretty sure that i am not going to be able to run an 8 and half minute mile .. i am going to die and stuck wind .. my legs are going to seize up the minute that i start .. there will be no oreos at the end for me ..

i know .. not much of a pep talk .. not very motivating is it ..

then .. i thought to myself .. those girl scouts will be out selling those ridiculous yummy cookies pretty soon .. i better get back into shape so that i can order some thin mints ..

so i did .. i ran .. ran like the wind .. well not really like the wind .. more like a person who has not run in 9 days .. in an 11 degree garage .. covered head to toe in cold gear ..

but .. i can order my thin mints now .. and eat oreos ..

life is good again ..

No comments: