Friday, September 24, 2010

sounds i love

while i was driving cash to school on wednesday i got to thinking about sounds that i love .. we all have a list of noises that make us cringe .. but if you had to list all the sounds you love to hear .. what would they be .. and i am not talking about music .. i am talking actual noises .. this is my list of sounds that i love .. in no real order .. i am an equal lover of sounds .. for the record ..

1 .. the crunch of a fresh oreo when you take the first bite .. i swear these are not in order ..
2 .. the way that cash hollers hello when he walks into granny's house
3 .. the sound of cash breathing in the monitor at night ..
4 .. the way that ellie whispers "i love you daddy" in jeff's ear .. she thinks that i can't hear this but i can ..
5 .. the sound of rain on a tin barn roof
6 .. the snap crackle and pop of a fire
7 .. the silence of the morning .. just before the sun rises ..
8 .. the sound of gravel crunching under my shoes when i run ..
9 .. the whirl whirl noise my dryer makes .. it is very soothing ..
10 .. the crinkle of clean sheets
11 .. the pop and fizz when you open a can of diet coke
12 .. that sigh that comes from the end of a very long and good day ..just as you lay your head down on the pillow to go to sleep ..
13 .. the click click of the shutter on my camera
14 .. the pop and fizzle of the flashbulbs in my makeshift studio
15 .. the creaks that my floor makes when i walk on it at night
16 .. the noise my kitchen aid makes while it whips up a batch of chocolate chip cookies ..
17 .. the humming noise that ellie makes while she draws .. it is the sound of pure happiness and contentment ..
18 .. the engine noise when jeff starts the boat
19 .. the snap of the tow line when jeff jumps the wake while he is wake boarding ..

1 comment:

Trina M Curran said...

I'm gonna play along too on my blog...I needed to find something new to say. :) Love this!