Friday, November 4, 2011

what to wear ..

shoes .. these are a must .. these shoes have about 38 miles on them as of today .. they are broken in just a bit .. i also had them blessed at mass last week .. i figured a little holy water would probably be good .. it for sure can't hurt 

now this is where it gets confusing .. 
short sleeves or long sleeves .. this totally depends on the weather .. 
right now the weather forecast is 55 and sunny .. 

if it is 55 .. sunny and no wind then short sleeves it is .. 
if it is 55 .. not so sunny and windy then most likely it is long sleeves ..

this is the long sleeve version .. i like this shirt .. i did my long run in this shirt and it was very comfortable .. no rubbing or chaffing at all .. this is important .. 

tights ..

 i am going with tights not shorts .. 55 and sunny is still cool on my legs .. i will also not have to worry about creeping shorts while i am churning out 26.2 miles .. i will have enough to worry about as it is .. 

my guess is i will want to wear my long sleeve shirt but then at the last minute i will totally second guess myself and then in a mad and hurried dash try to unpin my bib .. change shirts and then repin my bib .. stuff my other shirt into the ups bag and hand it in so that i can pick it up at the end of the marathon .. 

ugh .. like julie said .. wear the long sleeves .. it will be windy no matter what when i run past all those buildings .. i can always pour water over me at the drink stops .. 

for the record i am taking shorts .. just in case .. you never know .. like jeff says .. i will end up changing both my mind and my clothes about 20 times .. better to be prepared than not .. 

1 comment:

elim11.lulu@blogger.com said...

I am so proud of you sister! Enjoy every minute of this week. You have earned it. You have this all wrapped up with a pretty bow on top.
All your hard work is about to pay off!