Sunday, November 6, 2011

results ..

i finished all 26.2 miles in 5 hours and 2 minutes .. can i get a whoop whoop .. 
jeff .. the kids and kimmy meet up with me at mile 7 .. 17 .. and 24 .. they made the run .. i think i scared ellie at mile 24 .. later she said to me .. "mom you said a bad word" .. yes i did .. by mile 24 i was done .. strange things start to happen to your body at mile 20 .. even stranger things at mile 24 ..  like your legs don't want to go on anymore and all the energy beans you ate and all the gatorade you drank want to come back up .. up until mile 24 all was good .. i was just running along leaving my smile in all 5 boroughs of new york and then bam .. mile 24 came along and my body wanted to stop .. i think that's why marathons are 26.2 miles .. because anyone can run 24 .. it those last 2.2 miles that will kill you .. and they were all uphill .. it was a perfect day though .. i swear the great weather was a gift from my friend jan .. thank you jan .. there was a point at mile 24 right after i saw the kids that i was starting to cry .. cry with frustration that my legs didn't have the strength to finish .. that my mind had run out of tricks to play on my body .. the man next to me said .. "there is no crying in a marathon .. now suck it up and finish" .. i looked at him and said yes sir and got it together and finished it up .. 

now .. 

now .. i am going to wash down 4 advil with the last bit of wine in my glass .. wash the gatorade .. water .. mud and sweat off my body and go to bed ..

i am going to have 3 dunken donuts for breakfast tomorrow and then hit the streets of new york to do a little shopping .. 

it was a super day to run the new york city marathon ..

and even better day to FINISH the new york city marathon .. 

whoop whoop !!!

3 comments:

Shana said...

Congratulations! Those last 2.2 miles will be the strength you remember you have for every difficult thing you face in life from now on. I hope you'll never have a need for that kind of strength, that all of life will be smooth sailing. I'm proud to know you.

The House of Miller said...

Wow Jenny! I am so proud to know you too!!! That is an AMAZING accomplishment, especially for Ellie & Cash to see. Congratulations on finishing. Whoop Whoop!

D said...

whoop! whoop!