Monday, January 3, 2011

and we are home ..


My list of things that I must do today ..

1. Freak out about the 10 million loads of laundry that I need to do so that my family has clean socks and undies to wear this week .. that pile is as tall as my table ..

2. Feel totally over whelmed that my house is still decorated for Christmas .. 

3. Clean my house after I put away all the Christmas stuff .. while i am working on the ten million loads of laundry ..

4. Vacume around the 27 piles of laundry that is .. of course .. all sorted according to color and fabric type

5. Clean my car .. jeff will have it all unloaded .. but I clean it .. he does not “clean” cars as well as me .. or should I say .. he does not clean my car as well as I can .. his truck smells like pump oil .. has half used cans of brake cleaner rolling around it .. oily shop rags .. empty cans of Gatorade and enough morsels of food to feed an entire extended family of mice for a year .. so .. I clean my car .. my standards are just a little higher ..

6. Fold and put away all those clothes that I wash .. ugh .. anxiety creeping in ..

7. Wonder why I go on “vacation” and create all this extra work for myself when I get home ..

8. Think about lowering my standards .. why must I accomplish all this I just 1 day .. why can’t I take a week or 2 to do it all .. oh no .. anxiety setting in again .. can’t do that .. I am OCD .. I know it .. just the thought of all that laundry laying in my living room is motivation enough to get it done !

9. Take delight in the fact that I have a manicure on Wednesday .. oh my hands will be so happy to see dina .. they are silently singing my praises ..

10. Rejoice in the fact that we are home from a fantastic trip ..

11. Run up the hill and see my mom and dad and promise that I will never be gone that long again and ask what is for dinner !

i think that i will have oreos with my coffee this morning .. something tells me that i am going to need their love this morning ..

I will let you know how it goes ..

** a little side note .. we got home about 9 last night .. so jeff being the wonderful man that he can be decides to get a jump start on the unloading .. which is great unless you are me .. so me and my poor little ocd brain laid in bed while the suitcases lay in the living room .. just begging to be unpacked and put away .. this works for normal people ..this bringing in of the suitcases and waiting until the next day to unpack .. i am not normal .. i did not get up at 2 am and start unpacking .. i waited until 6 **

i am going to need oreos at lunch to .. i can tell ..

1 comment:

Trina M Curran said...

Ohhh...emmmm...geee....yes, I knew we were sisters. I knew it. The OCD. I do the SAME darn thing. It has to be done in 1 day. Yes, it does.