Thursday, June 24, 2010

they're gone .. gone .. gone ..

granny and grandpa have kidnapped my children .. my beloved babies  .. i mean .. granny .. grandpa .. cash and ellie left for colorado this morning .. to go camping and ride the ranger .. ellie is holding her "hamster" .. she is taking him camping .. and no he is not real ..

we have been packing for days .. we spent all tuesday and a little bit of wednesday night packing .. making lists of things not to forget .. things that we needed to get at the store .. things that we needed to find ..

movie cases .. authorizations to treat minors .. i know .. i am being way over prepared and cautious ... but that means that not one bad thing will happen .. dirty laundry bags ..

dvd players .. chargers .. headphones .. ipods .. cameras .. batteries .. i didn't know that technology and camping went together ..


so we are all loaded up .. of course it took us 20 minutes to get the kids in the car seats .. movie players/ditty bags/backpacks/snacks/drinks all situated .. poor dad .. he was just waiting .. and waiting .. then it was time to say a very quick and speedy good bye .. i did not want to linger .. i did not want my children to cry .. and plead and beg me to go with me .. i did not want to hear their cries of how much they are going to miss me .. how they won't be able to breathe because they miss me so much .. well .. lets just say that i have a bruise on my leg and a broken rib or two where cash tried to shut the door .. except that i was still in the door .. hugging and kissing on him .. time to go mom .. he says to me ..


bye .. sweet children ..


have a fun time ..

i will miss you ..

call me .. text me .. email me .. take lots of pictures ellie ..

wait .. stop grandpa ..

bring them back .. i can't do it .. 8 days .. without my kids ..

wait .. 8 days without my mom .. oh no .. oh no .. come back !!

1 comment:

nene P said...

oh no! what are you going to do.... pedi, sleep late, drink diet coke and not share, read a book, not cook, read a magazine, lay by the pool uninterrupted! YOU can do this... I know you can. But that is a long time without your babies. sit back and enjoy... remember you have 1 child still at home... Jeff.