Monday, April 26, 2010

and he passed out .. right there in the hallway ..

the other night cash wanted me to read his truck book one more time before he would shut his eyes and go to sleep .. because the 908 times that i had read it already were just not going to work for him .. one more time he says to me .. please .. with the added stress in his voice .. please mom .. since it was almost 10 .. and i still had about 74 things on my list of things to do before i could go to bed .. i said no cash .. so i kiss his dirty ole boy face .. tell him good night .. and leave .. not 5 seconds later he comes walking into the kitchen and pleads his case one more time .. ok .. i say .. you go and lay back down .. i will finish this and then come right in and read it to you .. this is code for .. he will fall asleep while he hopefully awaits my return .. so i finish my 74 things and go to turn out night lights .. lock doors .. fold a load of laundry and put another load into the dryer .. i am about to walk down the very small hallway that goes to cash's room .. when my foot makes contact with something on the floor .. i then realize that it is cash's silky .. so now i am trying to avoid kicking him in the head and falling on him .. i brace myself against the wall .. twist my back and dang near fall on him .. while shouting .. very quietly of course .. very grown up words ..

what in the world ..

could he not make it all the way back to his bed .. could he not manage to walk the 6 more feet to his room .. did he just kerplunk right there onto the floor .. and if he did .. why did i not hear it .. i mean really why is he all stretched out on the floor .. and if he did this on purpose .. why .. was he watching me from around the corner .. waiting for me .. but then he got so sleepy that he just laid down to watch for me .. and then passed out .. really .. can anyone explain this to me ..

what you can not see is that under his balled up silky is his truck book and his flash light .. i know this because when i picked him up .. the book and very heavy metal flashlight fell on my foot .. the same one that jeff dropped the basket ball pole on .. so now i am hopping on one foot .. carrying a very heavy and passed out kid upside down .. please don't let me bang his head into his door i say to myself ..

No comments: