Thursday, April 12, 2012

a top secret note .. from the teacher ..

when i got home last night ellie's first words to me were: 

mom you got an envelope with your name on it from mrs. byrd ..
am i in trouble .. i ask her .. 
i don't think so .. she says .. 
did you do something bad she asks .. 
no i say .. 
then your not in trouble .. she says ..

just open it mom ..
but .. she says
you can't tell me what it says ..
oh .. so it is like a top secret note then i ask ..
i guess so .. 

so i opened the top secret envelope in the other room .. 

mrs. byrd is always thinking of neat ways to encourage her students to do their best ..
she simply asked that we .. the parents of the test takers .. write our test taker a short
sweet and encouraging note on the enclosed 3.5x5.5 index card .. 

below is my sweet note to my test taker .. 








yes i know .. it is more than 1 note card .. and yes it is bigger than a 3.5x5.5 note card ..

actually it is the size of the No. 10 envelope that the top secret note came in .. 
my directions were to put my note back into the envelope and then she would
pass the notes out to the kiddos before they took their test this morning  ..

and no .. all the pages of my note were not just loose in the envelope .. 
they were attached with a brad .. so it was like a book ..

a sweet little encouraging book of a note ..

No comments: