Friday, September 16, 2011

marathon update ..

50

50 days until the big day .. the day that all this running and eating oreos pays off .. 50 days until this 40 year runs the new york city marathon !

i am happy to report that:

a) i have not lost any toenails during this training process ..

b) i have not injured myself .. except for that time with the bugs in my mouth that made me trip and that hole that i stepped in .. maybe that should say .. no major injuries 

c)  i have learned a little bit more about myself .. found some new limits that i didn't know i had and thought and rethought things over and over 

d) i have solved some problems and created more

e) i have made my hotel reservations for new york but that is all the travel planning that i have done 

f) mostly i enjoyed saying those words .. oh .. no .. can't do anything that weekend .. i will be running in the new york city marathon .. and yes the kids are going .. i want ellie to run across the finish line with me .. usually this statement gets this response ..

oh wow .. i didn't know you were a runner ..

either did i .. either did i .. 

No comments: