Friday, June 21, 2013

the paddle board ..


we sell paddle boards at work ..
my brilliant friend brooke was in one day and made the comment 
on what a great "core" workout a paddle board would be ..

"ugh" was all i could say ..
well the topic came up again at work today ..
so i had the guys load the 12 ft long board into the back of jeff's truck and bring it home .. 

i picked up the kids and was telling mom that i brought a paddle board home ..
she thinks that she might want to give it a spin to ..
the kids immediately chimed in .. oh me to ..
i was trying to explain that the paddle board is just for me and granny ..

all i got was why can't i try ..
later i said ..
so .. we come home .. eat breakfast for dinner and then head down to the dock
with the board ..

side note .. i really needed to change my camera lens and check my settings 
before i took this picture .. but when i said hang on .. they kept walking ..
so this picture will have to do ..

anyway .. 
i got 1 turn on the paddle board ..
the kids got 3 turns on the paddle board ..

my plans of quiet time paddling out to the mouth of my cove are gone ..
just me and the water and the sunset .. not going to happen ..

instead i have to hurry back to the dock
 to shouting children jumping up and down on the dock hollaring my turn .. my turn .. 

ellie told jeff that he needs to bring another home ..
jeff said why ..
i am thinking she is going to say so that she can paddle with me ..
instead she says so that cash can paddle with her ..

"ugh"
is all i can say .. 



No comments: