Friday, February 10, 2012

my wednesday ..


because first there was a week of this .. 

and then there were 2 days of this .. 

my poor little exhausted brain was not working .. 

we were running behind wednesday morning ..
 i am sure that it had something to do with the fact that i hit the snooze button 17 times .. 

i really needed to leave just a few minutes early so that i could stop and get gas .. i was just flat out to tired to stop on the way home from work on tuesday ..

that's ok i said to myself .. no biggie .. i have enough gas to get to tulsa ..
 i will drop cash off somewhat on time and then get my happiness in a cup and then go and get gas .. 

a side note .. i am NEVER below half a tank ..
 i subscribe to the moto be prepared .. 
think ahead of the next catastrophe ..
 be in front of the power curve not behind it .. 

i never know when i might need to make an emergency run to the er in tulsa to meet the orthopedic surgeon because cash has tried to jump his motorcycle from the roof .. onto the trampoline and then into the pool .. i am pretty sure that this stunt would result in something broken .. on cash ..

so it was out of character for me to actually really need gas .. 
again no big deal .. 
i had enough to make it to tulsa .. 

so i pull into starbucks ..
 the whole idea of the jolt of caffeine that i was about to get was enough to perk up my spirits .. 
this day was going to turn out to be ok after all ..

so i start to dig thru my bag looking for my wallet .. 
maybe it is under cash's sock and his dump truck ..
or under the mess of hair accessories that ellie threw in there the other day ..
nope ..

no where ..
my wallet was no where close to my purse ..
my wallet wasn't even in tulsa ..

crap crap crap i text to jeff .. 
my wallet is in my work bag sitting by my desk at my house at the lake ..

my first thought is oh no .. what about my coffee .. 
my brain then slowly .. due to the fact that a) i have not yet had my coffee and b) i am tired .. 
starts to process just what this REALLY means ..

it means so much more that no coffee .. it means NO GAS .. it means how am i going to get home ..

crap crap crap i again text to jeff .. 
like this will somehow magically fix the dilemma that i find myself in ..

don't panic i say to myself .. think jenny think ..
ok .. call emily .. she will have $20 laying around .. 
i have enough gas to run over to her house .. all will be ok ..

well .. turns out she didn't have 20 bucks laying around her house ..
she had a little more than that with her at work ..

luckily i was able to make it to her .. procure my gas money and get some coffee and some gas .. 
in that order .. 

the rest of my day kinda just went downhill from there ..
my ipod ear phones were so tightly knotted up that i spent 15 minutes trying to unravel them ..
i ran the slowest 12 miles ever by a human ..
played phone tag with jeff all day over work issues .. and
shut my fingers in my car door .. twice .. 

enough i said ..

i picked cash up from school .. went to speech and then hurried home so that i could pick ellie up from mom's and run her basketball practice .. we were late .. when i ran into the house to get a quick drink and go to the bathroom i meant to grab my wallet so that i could fill up my car while we were in vinita at basketball practice .. 

forgot my wallet .. again ..

after basketball practice i took ellie to church class .. went home .. and went to bed .. after i put my dam wallet in the car .. along with an emergency 50 bucks ..

No comments: