Wednesday, November 3, 2010

why my dad is the best ..

all daughters everywhere love their dads .. this is a given ..  then there are those times in our lives that we daughters need our dads .. need as in "dad is the only one that can fix it" and like every great dad out there .. they rescue us .. without hesitation they show up .. fix it .. patch us up and send us on our way ..

and last week was no exception ..

as we are running out the door .. 10 minutes behind the power curve .. as it always is on wednesdays and ok .. thursdays and fridays to  .. we have to get ellie up to mom and dads so they can take her to school and cash and i are off to tulsa so that he can go to school .. so we open the door to my car and try to get in .. odd .. i say .. the running boards did not pop out .. as i am banging my knee into my door and ellie trips into her door and cash runs into the back of her ..

cash must have hit the switch .. no biggie .. i will just start the car .. flip the switch and off we go .. well .. you know that noise that a car makes when the battery is dead .. yea .. that noise .. that is what we hear .. oh .. nooooo .. i say .. is the car broken cash asks .. no i say .. panic setting in .. i have a manicure and a hair appointment today .. of all days to have battery issues .. really .. on beauty day .. jeff is long gone by this time in the morning .. i don't even bother .. not to worry i tell the kids .. we have grandpa .. so we ring up my dad .. who i am sure is sitting in his nice warm pants and robe .. drinking his coffee and reading the paper .. enjoying the quite time in the morning before the craziness of the day starts .. dad .. are you up .. i ask .. yes .. he says .. my car won't start .. oh no .. he says .. can you help me .. and without so much as taking another sip of coffee he says .. yes .. of course .. let me change my clothes .. so in 2 minutes flat .. dad arrives in my driveway .. the little jump pack wouldn't do the trick which meant that he had to push my car out of the garage onto the driveway so that he could jump it .. the look on cash's face .. grandpa pushing my car backwards out of the garage .. all by himself ..  grandpa was awesome before that .. now .. oh man .. that was all the cash could talk about at school .. that his grandpa can move cars .. all by himself .. so needless to say .. my car started .. the kids got to school and i didn't miss my beauty appointments .. thank goodness ..

and the dad rescue of this week .. goes like this .. 

dad .. can you drill a hole in the bottom of cash's car seat .. sure .. why .. he threw up all over me while i was trying to get him out of his car seat .. and not a little throw up .. a lot of throw up .. so much so that i had to hose off the car seat and it filled with water and i can't get it to drain out .. on my way he says ..

i love living down the hill from my parents ..

sorry .. no picture of the car seat .. i am pretty sure you would not want to see it ..

1 comment:

Trina M Curran said...

Oh, gosh! So funny, but not so funny... :) Those dads are the best. And to drill a hole in the car seat? Can he come do that next time Katie does that...ugh...it was a mess.